Thanks ladies for all the support and encouragement. I can't tell you how much your words mean to me... just to know I'm heard and understood brings healing, and the courage to keep goin'. I wanted to share a couple small victories that happened over the weekend.
*I visited a new church, or at least the member services director, Friday morning. It occurred to me Thursday night that I'm doin' too much of this alone. We've been tryin' to get connected at our church for over 2 years now, and we know a total of 5 people. Growing up at Central, I know that my bar is set kind of high for wanting church to feel like "family", but come on!? It's been 2 years! I decided that that night that I'm tired of the enemy keepin' me isolated. We weren't meant to walk this journey alone. I want a church "family". And I think we're on to something good. I can't wait to attend a couple services and get our feet wet.
*We still haven't made any hard and fast decisions about school for the Fall, but we did get an extension of sorts from Grace's current school. The registration fee was due Friday... a $500.00 registration fee. $500.00 that we just don't have. I explained our situation to the school administrator and she graciously suggested that we wait to pay any sort of registration fee (since it's NON REFUNDABLE) until we know for sure what we're going to do in the Fall. She assured me that she'd put a note on Grace's file and would call me if it looked like the classes might fill up and my kiddos might be in danger of losing their spots. It buys us some time to pray.
*The last thing, which is no SMALL thing I assure you, is that Mace has decided to allow me to work. The trick here is that I'm only available to work 3 days a week while Zane is in school. I'm prayin' that God will meet that need too.
That's the update, such as it is. I just want to say again what a blessing all of your comments were. I truly felt lifted up and encouraged. The fact that all of you are women that I admire and wish to emulate just makes your words that much sweeter.
Thanks again!
1 comment:
I'm glad that you felt encouraged and that things are looking up. I'll keep praying for you!
Post a Comment